The Compact Ocean Observatory
Multi-sensor data in one manageable data stream
The data from multiple sensors is digitized and combined into a single manageable data stream:
- Up to 4 hydrophones sampled at 24-bit resolution at rates up to 128 ksps, or 8 hydrophones up to 64 ksps
- One ultra-high speed, 16-bit acoustic channel sampled at up to 687.5 ksps
- Your choices of analog and digital sensors: dissolved oxygen, salinity, acidity/pH, temperature, depth, turbidity, orientation (roll-pitch-yaw), or others upon request
The Observer collects and delivers precisely calibrated acoustic and oceanographic data for ocean monitoring. It supports analog sensors with voltage or current inputs as well as digital sensors via RS-232, RS‑485, USB, and Ethernet.
The open-format data stream from the Observer can be received, processed, and logged by your own software, custom-developed applications, or JASCO’s existing suite of monitoring solutions.
Continuous real-time ocean monitoring
Built on the proven AMAR G3 technology of JASCO’s autonomous recorders, the Observer is the one-stop solution for your data gathering, assimilation, and streaming requirements in all types of underwater environments. Gather and stream observations from both acoustic and oceanographic instruments for continuous monitoring of:
- Ambient noise
- Water conditions, sediments, and pollution
- Industrial noise sources
- Seismic activity and geological processes
- Marine animal presence, abundance, and behaviour
Performance demonstrated on Ocean Networks Canada Observatory
Two Observers have been integrated into ONC’s VENUS (Victoria Experimental Network Under the Sea) in the Strait of Georgia, capitalizing on their multi-sensor data collection and streaming capabilities.
The Observers were equipped with a tetrahedral array of four hydrophones as well as orientation, oxygen, and turbidity sensors. Once deployed, ROVs connected the Observers by pressure balanced oil filled cable to the VENUS nodes. The nodes are cabled to shore via fiber optic telecom cable, allowing the Observers to stream their data to the ONC Operations Centre at the University of Victoria.
Contact us for pricing and customization options.