About / Health, Safety & Environment
At JASCO our top priority without exception is the health and safety of our staff, the people we work with, and the environment in which we work. We abide by the highest standard of safe practice throughout our company and all staff are held to the same standard of excellence. Our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Program is based on our well-established project management procedures and our experience working with various industries and it is flexible to meet the unique needs of each project and work site. We are committed to protecting the environment and make every effort to reduce the impacts of our business operations while still meeting and exceeding the needs of our clients.
Committed to health and safety
We recognize that health and safety are a shared responsibility, and we encourage our staff to take an active role in promoting everyone’s health and safety. We are proud of our staff’s involvement and proactively support the adoption of safe work practices. Through our HSE Program we promote:
- Regular staff safety training to give them the tools to manage risks in the field, our workplaces, and our offices
- Top of the line Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Plan/Do/Check/Act approach to continuously improve our Program
- Consistent policies and procedures across the company to promote efficiency
- Open communication between staff and management of lessons learned and Program improvements
- Learning from our clients, many of whom have excellent HSE programs.
Committed to the environment and sustainability
Created in 2011, our Sustainability Program aims to minimize our impacts wherever possible. To protect the communities and environments we work in we:
- Aim to leave the environment as we found it by leaving nothing behind
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Our workplaces promote composting of organics, complete recycling of all other items to minimize contributions to our local landfills, reuse of IT equipment through donation to local companies in need, promotion of alternative transportation and telework where needed to minimize our impacts and improve the health of our staff and communities
- Participate in local business sustainability groups (e.g., ViaTec Sustainability Roundtable) to educate and promote ethical, environmentally responsible business actions in our communities.